Terms and Conditions
Student Right to Cancel and Refund Policy
Program Information: All Bay Area Medical Academy educational programs are offered residentially.
|Credential Awarded||Tuition*||Clock Hours||Class Hours||Program Length|
|Certificate||$1,500||60 Classroom||Day: M-F, 10AM-4PM||2 wks|
|Weekend: Sa-Su, 11AM-5PM||5 wks|
|Medical Assistant Program with Phlebotomy||Certificate||$10,000||700 Classroom
|Day: M-F, 10AM-3PM||33 wks + 5 wk clinical|
|Evening: M-F, 5PM-9PM||40 wks + 5 wk clinical|
|Day: M-F, 10AM-4PM||2 wks + 1 wk clinical|
|Evening: M-Thu, 6PM-9:30PM||4 wks + 1 wk clinical|
|Weekend: Sat-Sun, 11AM-5PM||5 wks + 1 wk clinical|
* Tuition & Fees: Tuition includes textbooks, supplies & all other equipment /materials, except the National Certification Exam/CA Licensing fees (if applicable.) To register for a class, student must pay a $800 deposit ($1,000 for Medical Assistant Program). Full tuition must be paid by the end of the program or, if a student signs the Academy's tuition payment plan, payments must be completed according to the plan. For more information, please inquire the Academy's financial aid office.
1 Our Phlebotomy Program is approved by the State of California, Department of Public Health Laboratory Field Services Division and therefore our certificates of completion can be used to establish eligibility for state certification as Phlebotomy Technician I.
Program Start & End Dates (As of 06/25/2010)
|Day Class (M-F: 10AM-5PM)||Evening Class||Weekend Class (Sa & Su: 11AM-5PM)|
|Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Medical Assistant Program with Phlebotomy|
|Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Externship (M-F: full-time 200 hrs)||Open||Open||Open||Open|
|Phlebotomy Technician (CPT1)|
(Sa & Su: 11AM-5PM)
|Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date|
Cancellation of Program by the Academy: Bay Area Medical Academy (the Academy) reserves the right to cancel any scheduled class in which there is an insufficient number of students enrolled. When size and curriculum permit, classes may be combined to proved meaningful instruction and training and contribute to the level of interaction among students. If the course is cancelled by the Academy for any reason, the student is entitled to a full refund of all fees. Refunds are payable to students within 30 days of the cancellation date.
Student Right to Cancel and Refund Policy: Any student has the right to cancel the enrollment agreement at any time and may obtain a refund. If the refund request is made more than 2 working days prior to the start of the course, the school will refund 100 percent of the amount paid less $50 dollars processing fee. Effective at the start the course, there is a pro-rated tuition refund policy. Refund requests made less than 2 working days prior to the start of the course or on the first day of instruction, are subject to $100 dollars processing fee. A student may substitute someone in your place prior to the first day of class without penalty. If the course is cancelled by Bay Area Medical Academy for any reason, the student is entitled to a full refund of all fees. All notices of withdrawal, cancellation, transfer or request for refund by a student must be in writing and sent by mail, e-mail or fax to Bay Area Medical Academy for consideration. Refunds are based upon the date the written request is received and are payable within 30 days of receipt.
The school refund policy for students who have completed 60 percent or less of the course of instruction is a pro rata refund. To calculate the refund, the school uses the following formula:
- from the total tuition charge, deduct the $50 dollars processing fee ($100 dollars if refund request is made less than 2 days prior to the start of the course);
- divide this figure by the number of hours in the program; the quotient is the hourly charge for the program;
- the amount owed by the student for the purposes of calculating a refund is derived by multiplying the total hours attended by the hourly charge for instruction calculated in , plus the amount of the processing fee specified in ; and
- the refund will be any amount in excess of the figure derived from  that was paid by the student to the institution.
The following examples will determine the amount of refund.
Example 1: A student enters into the Full Phlebotomy Skills Course for tuition of $2500 dollars. If the student withdraws after the first day of instruction (6 hours), the refund calculation will be as follows:
- $2,500 - $100 = $2,400
- $2,400/100 hours = $24.00 Hourly charge for the program
- 6 hours attended * $24.00 = $144 + $100 = $244 The money owed by the student (if the student did not pay full amount of tuition by the date of withdrawal, he/she will still be responsible to pay this amount to the school)
- $2,500 - $244 = $2,256 Total Refund (this amount will be returned to the student only if she/he paid the full tuition prior to the date of withdrawal)
Example 2: A student enters into the Basic+Advanced Skills course (50 hrs) for Experienced Phlebotomists for a tuition of $1,000 dollars.
CASE A - If the student withdraws after the completion of 4 days (20 hours) of instruction, the refund calculation will be as follows:
- $1,000 - $100 = $900
- $900/50 hours = $18 Hourly charge for the program
- 24 hours attended * $18 = $432 + $100 = $532 the money owed by the student
- $1,000 - $532 = $468 Total Refund (this amount will be returned to the student only if she/he paid the full tuition prior to the date of withdrawal)
CASE B - If the student withdraws after the completion of 6 out of 10 days of instruction, or 30 hours, there will be no refund because more than 60% of the program was completed.
Example 3: A student enters into the Medical Assistant Program for tuition of $9,000 dollars.
CASE A - If the student withdraws after 4 weeks of classes, equivalent to 80 hours of training, the refund calculation will be as follows:
- $9,000 - $100 = $8,900
- $8,900/900 hours = $9.88 Hourly charge for the program
- 80 hours attended * $9.88 = $790.40 + $100 (processing fee) = $890.40 the money owed by the student (if the student did not pay full amount of tuition by the date of withdrawal, he/she will still be responsible to pay this amount to the school)
- $9,000 - $890.40 = $8,109.60 Total Refund (this amount will be returned to the student only if she/he paid the full tuition prior to the date of withdrawal)
CASE B - If the student withdraws after the completion of 5 modules of total 8 modules of instruction, or 540 hours, there will be no refund because more than 60% of the program was completed.
Example 4: A student enters into the 60 hrs ECG/EKG Technician Program for tuition of $1,250. If the student withdraws after 4 days of classes, equivalent to 24 hrs of training, the refund calculation will be as follows:
- $1,250 - $100 = $1,150
- $1,150/60 hours = $19.16 hourly charge for the program
- 24 hours attended * $19.16 = $459.84 + $100 (processing fee) = $559.84 the money owed by the student
- $1,250 - $559.84 = $690.16 Total Refund (this amount will be returned to the student only if she/he paid the full tuition prior to the date of withdrawal)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Enrollment Agreement: The enrollment agreement and any other written contract or agreement signed by a prospective student and the authorized school official shall not become operative until the student attends the first class or session of instruction.
Enrollment: Enrollment may be made by companies or individuals. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. All classes require 2 week (14 days) advance registration, otherwise $15 late fee may be charged.
Right to Withhold Certification: If student is in default of their fee obligations, their certificate may be withheld until fees are paid.
Assumption of Risk: I agree to assume liability and financial responsibility for any injury that I might receive in the classroom or in an externship as an enrolled participant in any listed programs. For this reason, Bay Area Medical Academy recommends students carry liability insurance in addition to having medical insurance.
Returned Checks and Replacement Certificates: There will be a $25.00 charge for returned checks and replacement certificates. Tuition Transfer: Tuition is not transferable to other courses.
Financial Aid: Although Bay Area Medical Academy does not offer financial aid; students may be eligible for financial aid through other sources. Students eligible for CalWorks/WIA, JTPA, GAIN or State and Private Vocational Rehabilitation should have their counselors call Bay Area Medical Academy directly.
Grounds for Dismissal: Permanent dismissal may be imposed upon any student for any one of the following: 1) disruptive behavior and/or a lack of common courtesy and respect for the instructor and/or his/her fellow students; 2) behavior that could be interpreted as sexual harassment; 3) behavior that could be related to alcohol or drug use, and; 4) failure to pay fees when due.
Notice Concerning Transferability of Units at Our School: Clock hours you earn in any of our Training Programs and/or Courses in most cases probably will not be transferable to any other college or university in the future even though you earned units here at our Academy. In addition, if you earn a diploma or certificate in any of our Training Programs and/or Courses, in most cases it probably will not serve as a basis for obtaining a degree at a college or university.
Placement Assistance: The Academy encourages students to maintain satisfactory attendance, conduct and academic progress so they may be viewed favorably by prospective employers. While the Academy cannot guarantee employment, it has been successful in placing the majority of its graduates in their field of training. Students can elect to participate in the following placement assistance activities: 1) Preparation of resumes and letters of introduction; 2) Interviewing techniques; 3) Job referrals. The Student Services center compiles job openings from employers in the area. Participation in the job assistance program includes students actively developing their own leads from the direction provided by the Placement Office. Graduates may continue to utilize the Academy's placement assistance program at no additional cost.